Key Performance Indicators
"(new)" indicates a KPI for a new service, for which there is no baseline.
- 1 Objective 1: Provide analysis solutions for the different Structural Biology approaches
- 2 Objective 2: Provide automated pipelines to handle multi-technique datasets in an integrative manner
- 3 Objective 3: Provide integrated data management for single and multi-technique projects, based on existing e-infrastructure
- 4 Objective 4: Foster best practices, collaboration and training of end users
- 5 Other KPIs
- 6 West-Life Portal Statistics
- 7 Notes
Objective 1: Provide analysis solutions for the different Structural Biology approaches
Number of visits to the website (new)
Jobs run by industrial user (new)
Number of industrial installations of software developed. (new)
Number of services integrated in the VRE portal (% increase with respect to the baseline/previous report)
- Baseline (D5.2): 19 portal Current: 22 +16%
See also #West-Life Portal Statistics below.
Availability of services
- CPU cores: 211,000 (best effort), 6,850 (SLA)
- RAM: 420 TB (estimate)
- disk space: 250 TB (SLA)
- M11#Accounting Resource usage (Nov 2015 - August 2017, enmr.eu VO)
Number of registered users Contributes to [H2020 KPI] 5: "Research Infrastructures - Number of researchers who have access to research infrastructures through support from Horizon 2020"
Number of services connected to W-L AAI (new).
Number of logins (new).
Objective 2: Provide automated pipelines to handle multi-technique datasets in an integrative manner
Number of jobs using new functionalities (new)
Number of publications, and number which are open access (Scientific Outcome) Contributes to [H2020 Cross-Cutting Issues KPI] 1.3 "Number and percentage of Open access articles published in peer-reviewed journals"
Objective 3: Provide integrated data management for single and multi-technique projects, based on existing e-infrastructure
Installations of repository (RP2)
Queries run on assembly service (RP2)
Visits to provenance reports (RP2)
Number of scientific datasets made accessible and re-usable Contributes to [H2020 Cross-Cutting Issues KPI] 1.4.
Number of sessions at plenary meetings of RDA and other relevant organizations/initiatives
- One at the RDA plenary in Barcelona
- Workshop at ISGC 2017
- Represented at EGI conferences 2016 and 2017 with various talks
Participation in data-related meetings and initiatives
- Participated in Digital Infrastructures for research 2016
- Participated at some RDA national initiatives
- Presentations at ISGC 2017
- Extensive interaction with INDIGO-DataCloud
Objective 4: Foster best practices, collaboration and training of end users
Number of days of trainings and numbers of attendees (KPI suggested by e-IRG) Contributes to [H2020 Cross Cutting Issues KPI] 13.
Number of tutorials and use cases (% increase with respect to the baseline/previous report) 11 new online tutorials added (baseline was not defined) :
- 4 x HADDOCK, 2 x PowerFit
- 1 x DisVis
- 4 x SCIPION
User satisfaction (KPIs suggested by e-IRG): Quotient of active/passive users Quotient of long-/short term user groups
I suggest we delete these, and leave KPIs that are clearly focussed on the major project objectives __Chris.
Number of consortium members at project meetings and activities
Number of reports and deliverables completed and submitted on time (19/22)
Intellectual Property Policy: Number of outputs that are open source 5 repositories in https://github.com/h2020-westlife-eu are open source, 2 are unlicensed TODO fix.
Sustainability: Years of guaranteed funding (suggested KPI by e-IRG)
Gender: percentage of women participants[H2020 Cross Cutting issue KPI] 6.1.
Joint publications/position papers involving authors from infrastructures beyond the current partnership
- One will result from the Round Table in Brno
Number of round tables and joint meetings
- One West-Life session was included in the first annual meeting of iNEXT
- One RT held in Brno
West-Life Portal Statistics
The Work Programme introduced KPIs as follows:
Proposals should define, collect and make available key performance indicators (KPIs) in support of operational, technical and socio-economic impact assessment. ... The extent to which the Service Activities (Trans-national and/or Virtual Access Activities) will offer access to stateof-the-art infrastructures and high quality services, and will enable users to conduct excellent research as demonstrated, inter-alia, by both the quality of the associated catalogue of services and the baseline and expected future measurements of related KPIs ... Support the e-IRG 25 secretariat. The activities should include the collection and aggregation of relevant policy information with impact on the development of EC-funded e-infrastructures, including KPIs and cost-related information, ... to provide strategic advice on the evolution of the European einfrastructures landscape
The KPIs for the H2020 programme as a whole are in "Horizon 2020 indicators" doi:10.2777/98003. Some are mentioned above.
It identifies four interest groups: "Political ... (EC and member states) ... e-Infrastructure provider ... User ...General public". P14-15 indicates examples of metrics for each category.
"Relevant high-level goals to be considered are (list without claim of completeness):
- Offer access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and high-quality services
- Meet the users’ needs and enable them to conduct excellent research
- Provide access to results of research (stressing the re-use of data/content, based on the recently adopted FAIR-principles)
- Increase the efficiency, effectiveness and excellence of public research system
- Provide high-speed, secure and trustworthy infrastructures and content services
- Reinforce trust and security in digital services and in the handling of personal or sensitive data
- Open national systems to each other and to the world, in order to be more inter- connected and more inter-operable
- Offer participation in the developed e-Infrastructure to other stakeholders (“citizen science”; corporations according to accepted EOSC governance models)
- Governance to guarantee long-term sustainability and enable stakeholders’ trust "