Documents of D6.2 namespace
- D6.2:Prototype Implementation
- Related topics:
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and West-Life Portal integration
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and Partner Portal integration
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and PDB Components integration
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and Cloud integration
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and Access to Dataset
- D6.2:Meeting and conferences notes
All the source scripts and configuration are at https://github.com/h2020-westlife-eu/west-life-wp6 in the directory vmcontext
user-data.vmdk contains basic cernvm configuration - provisioning done by vagrant
contains scripts to publish binary files into CernVM-FS repository with binaries of West-life VF.
contains scripts and configuration file to create user-data context for cernvm based virtual machine image.
- change user-data.sh script which should be executed as root during first boot
- execute makeseediso.sh which will create iso/ directory and creates an iso image
Create Default Vagrant box
The default vagrant box at https://cernvm.cern.ch/portal/downloads doesn't boot into GUI, therefore a general base box for west-life project was prepared. Needed when micro bootloader is changed - last change Nov 2016 due to kernel bug. To make a vagrant box:
- create new virtualbox machine
- disk 1: ucernvm-sl7.2.7-1.cernvm.x86_64.hdd - download from https://cernvm.cern.ch/portal/downloads
- disk 2: create empty disk - e.g. with 50 GB (cernvm will partition and format it during boot)
- disk 3: user-data.vmdk generated from
- execute `makebox.sh` or do manually
vagrant package --base virtualmachinename replace the Vagrantfile inside the package.box with the Vagrantfile provided
Alternative base box
The default base box is cernvm4.0 - updates delivered via cernvmfs maintaned by cernvm team. This box needs the VM to be online - all binaries are downloaded via cernvmfs - additional packages can be installed using package manager yum.
Scientific Linux 7.3 base box
- install SL 7.4 minimal system
- follow instruction to install minimal gui desktop
- yum groupinstall "X Window System"
- yum install gnome-classic-session gnome-terminal nautilus-open-terminal control-center liberation-mono-fonts
- systemctl set-default graphical.target
- clean the VM
- shutdown VM
- package box
vagrant package --base minimalvm
- release package, upload e.g. to https://app.vagrantup.com/
user-data.vmdk contains additional point to bootstrapcloud.sh which do provisioning.
- Follow steps to prepare vagrant box, use user-data-cloud.vmdk
- Export the resulting VM manually by VirtualBox in OVA format.
- Script to prepare CernVM4.0 box for testing EGI deployment (no vagrantfile context needed)
vagrant package --base westlife1cernvmcloud --output westlife-cernvm4cloud.box
Use cernvm micro image from https://cernvm.cern.ch/portal/downloads contextualization script from `vmcontext/user-data/src/user-data-cloud.sh`