Documents of D6.2 namespace
- D6.2:Prototype Implementation
- Related topics:
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and West-Life Portal integration
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and Partner Portal integration
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and PDB Components integration
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and Cloud integration
- D6.2:Virtual Folder and Access to Dataset
- D6.2:Meeting and conferences notes
Task 6.2 (STFC, CSIC)
- a reference implementation of a repository
- supplies suitable metadata to the portal (D6.2)
- metadata standards to be devised in WP7
- support: registering a new project, and adding files to a project.
- CERIF standard - compatible with existing CRIS repositories
- capable of assigning an URI to a project if it is not yet recorded in a CRIS repository.
- ensure the availability of a triple store for metadata for structural projects.
- provide a facility for recording Provenance, including shell scripts for adding provenance metadata that can become part of workflows.
- provide a web facility for viewing provenance, like https://www.academia.edu/29470090/ResXplorer_Revealing_Relations_between_Resources_for_Researchers_in_the_Web_of_Data/
A repository for SB facility is a data management system customized for life cycle of data in structural biology. Example generic db management system is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Cassandra a level beyond it is a "data center operating system", how they named itself a Mesosphere - https://mesosphere.com/why-mesos/
From user's perspective. Main entry point for user's data is West-Life Virtual Folder. Therefore integration between Repository and Virtual Folder will be provided (upload data from repository to VF to keep/store it) - D6.1.
New implementation of institutional repository (web application) to support data acquisition, data management within scientist visit in institution. Further details at D6.2:AnalysisRepository
The virtual folder may provide some way of documentation/content management system. Virtual Folder itself manages the data files - the documents can be processed by content management system to provide some entry point for further editing by user - use them in scientific publication/report etc. Further details continues at D6.2:AnalysisDocumentation
Multiple storage integration strategy for provenance
The virtual folder integrates several storages into a central point. Some access is via FUSE driver - so files appears transparently on mounted filesystem folder and legacy software can process the files directly - files are downloaded and cached transparently by the driver. Some access is via proprietrary drivers - a strategy to download local files needs to be analysed. Further details at D6.2:StorageStrategy